Sunday, March 3, 2013

Military Service Records: How Can I Get a Copy?

Many veterans, as they left the service, never received a copy of their service treatment records.  These documents are very important as they can reveal medical treatment for in-service conditions or disabilities.  They often times serve as the smoking gun for winning a service-connected benefit.

Most veterans can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records by requesting them online at the website of the U.S. National Archives.
Go to and click on "Veterans' Service Records", and follow the instructions.
OR GO DIRECTLY TO the Military Service Records page of the National Archives at:

Serving veterans in Pennsylvania, and the surrounding states, from our offices in Greensburg, Pittsburgh, and Latrobe

No comments:

Post a Comment